Thursday, November 18, 2010

Secretariat reminiscent of Mystery in Saratoga?

Recently, I went to see the movie "Secretariat" in the movie theater with my dad and sister. When I was in the movie, I was reminded many times of Trixie and Honey in Saratoga, in Trixie #24. This had to do with the location of the movie, as well as all the talk of horse racing and explanations of the various tracks that were brought up in Trixie. Not only that, but the man selected to play Ronnie, the jockey, reminded me quite a bit of Regan in his mannerisms, humor, and facial expressions. (Yes, I know we haven't really seen Regan. Just bear with me, alrighty?) So, call me a Trixie freak if you will, but I enjoyed thinking to myself, "Yup, they mentioned that in Trixie" or "Oh yeah! I remember that!"

BTW, if you have not seen Secretariat, DO SO. Do whatever it takes, just go. It was amazing, I loved it, and it was definitely worth seeing. A 5 toes up movie!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment